Intrigued? Want to Join?
Great, but you have to go through the application process. Will you get accepted? Not always. After you submit your application, we will contact you for an interview. We may be able to interview you over the phone, or we may decide that we want to meet with you to help you understand our organization better, and to help us understand your perspective. The following information will help you understand our selection process.
- Consider your self overweight? No worries! We have and accept all shapes and sizes! Don't think you are in shape? Round is a shape!
- Worried about race? We value all races, and the diversity you bring!
- Think you are too old or too young? You are never too old, so if you are 21 or older, then bring it on!
- Single guy? We accept single guys, but we work to maintain a certain level of gender balance. We get a lot of single guys applying for membership (many more than single gals), so not every single guy who applies will be offered party invitations and membership.
- Single gal? Absolutely. We encourage you to apply for membership.
- Single, but in a committed relationship? No worries, as long as your significant other wants to join too. If your SO is not interested in joining, then we work with you same as we do but a spouse that is not interested (see below), and single men will be put on the waiting list.
- Couples? Absolutely. Couples are encouraged to apply for membership.
- Married, but your spouse is not interested? We are not currently accepting members that are in a committed relationship where both parties are not interested in joining.
Code of Conduct & Behavior Expectation Click here for Sunbirds Code of Conduct
Like many nudist clubs around the country, our club follows a Code of Conduct. It outlines our club policies and reminds all our guests and members what they can do to keep the Sunbirds safe, private, and fun for everyone's benefit. All of us want a club that we can all enjoy, and know that our fellow Sunbirds follow the same common-sense policies of respect and discretion that we expect from all nudists.
Our members’ privacy is a top concern. To protect the security of our club, all guests and members are required to read and abide by the Sunbirds Code of Conduct that outlines expected behavior of all Sunbirds members. The Code of Conduct discusses:
Members and guests are expected and required to follow the Sunbirds Code of Conduct. By applying for membership, you agree to all of the terms of listed in the Code of Conduct. Violations of the code of conduct will result in consequences, anywhere between counseling to membership termination/denial (termination without refund). The Sunbirds Code of Conduct can be changed by the Executive Board at any time. ***Drama will not be tolerated, and is grounds for immediate membership termination or denial. Drama is any action by a guest, member, or group thereof, that causes dissent or conflict among the members. Violation of the Code of Conduct is considered drama.***
- Privacy Standards
- Nudist Etiquette
- Polite Behavior
- Party Protocol
- Poolside Safety
is $30 per individual and $60 per couple. You may also join the
American Association of Nude Recreation for $64 per individual or $113 per couple. If you are a couple, and only 1 of you wants to join AANR,
then the individual AANR rate applies. Note that you will not be
charged until the following occurs:
- We screen you to see if we think you are a good fit for the Sunbirds and you agree.
invite you to parties and you attend at least 2. This lets us check
you out to see if we like you and lets you check us out to see if you
like us. It does not take much for us to like you!
board of directors votes on your membership, at which time, we will
either send you an invoice for payment if you are accepted, or will send
you notification of non-acceptance (good news...seldom happens).
AANR Member Benefits
As an AANR Member, you'll enjoy:
in member savings off regular visitor fees at 260 AANR clubs and resorts
throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and beyond. Just one
week's stay at many will pay for your membership!
FREE 12-month subscription to AANR's monthly newspaper, The Bulletin,
packed with information about the latest offerings in clubs, members'
letters, profiles (life stories), and regional events in full color.